fnteditfs - A Full Screen Syscons Font Editor
fnteditfs is a small, simple font editor, designed for editing FreeBSD's
syscons and linux fonts (but may also work for other OSes). It's written in C, using
the ncurses library for its display library.
New - version 1.1 released (13 Aug 2003) !
2. Usage Licence
4. Screen Shots
- Easy to learn and use
- Supports bitmap 8x16 fonts
- Can directly load fonts to and from the console (needs root access), currently under FreeBSD only
- Can load uuencoded fonts.
Plans for future releases:
- Support for font sizes other than 8x16
- Proportional font display/editing
- (Maybe) an option to display character map/'preview' a character
- Porting to other operating systems (support for loading/saving font to console on linux too)
2. Usage License (BSD):
Copyright © 2002, Uri Shaked.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY ITS AUTHORS ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS;
OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR
OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED
OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
You can download the lastest release, fnteditfs v1.1 here.
Older versions can be found here.
4. Screen Shots:
fnteditfs, its documentation and its homepage written by Uri Shaked <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Portions of the code were donated by Amir Shalem.